Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
What qualities make Entourage Oil appealing?
- Experience the Entourage Effect on your body’s Endocannabinoid system and feel the difference
- Single origin, outdoor grown Cannabis Sativa – Grown with supreme care and consideration for the natural approach e.g. no chemical pesticides or un-natural man-made interventions
- High Grade strains of Cannabis Sativa that have interbred over nearly 10 years of growing and were collected over 20 years of appreciation
- Extra Virgin Olive oil as the solvent ensures stable environment and longevity of the extracted elements (Extra Virgin Olive Oil has multiple health enhancing benefits and is the perfect partner / carrier for the Cannabis Content)
- Low concentration dosage is easy by means of the quality glass dropper vial - this ensures safety and the ability to incrementally gauge dropper levels to achieve a personal *therapeutic dose using the “Less is More” approach
- The spirit of Entourage Oil is such that we appreciate that people are all different and that each person will respond according to their own different dosage
- The end-user must understand that there is a journey involved that begins with a very low dosage of x 1 drop, to be taken at night, over 7 to 14 days with attention been paid to the effects felt. The dosage can be increased incrementally or in 2 or 3 drop increases until such time as a *therapeutic dose is reached.
- Approach taking Entourage Oil like you would instant coffee - too much can ruin the benefit, and in the case of coffee too much caffeine is like to much THC, mildly unpleasant , but will pass within a few hours - have enough to be responsible and effective
- Lab Tested Duel extraction methodology delivers wide range of Cannabinoids and Terpene essential oils into the final product ensuring natural Entourage synergy between naturally occurring Cannabis plant elements
- Competitive price and excellent value at that price
* Therapeutic Dose - Definition
The quantity of any substance required to effect the cure
or to correct the manifestations of a deficiency
Amount of medication required to produce the desired outcome
Will Entourage Oil Make Me high?
- Yes, if you take enough of it – but this would never happen by accident and there is no toxicity involved
- THC is the molecule that acts on the CB 1 Receptor sites in the brain when it can cause euphoric feelings referred to as being “High”
- Raw Cannabis has no THC in it but rather a more complicated molecule called THCA, which once heated (such as smoking a joint), or aged over time in dry plant matter form, converts to THC
- The presence of the Terpene Alpha Pinene, lab tested to be present in Entourage Oil, balances the THC euphoria and has therefore been shown to make the low dose of THC found in Entourage oil to be more therapeutically effective;
- Alpha-Pinene also boosts short term memory in that it counteracts THC’s effects on memory function – THC is known to cause breakdown of memory molecule Acetylcholine (a protein that carries signals among brain cells and forms memory and cognition)
What actually happens in my body when I take Entourage oil
The answer to this question is still the subject of multiple scientific studies, but here is some of what is known…
The human body has a system that is called the Endocannabinoid system
The human body has a system that is called the Endocannabinoid system
- The job of the Endocannabinoid System is to help the human body maintain an optimum state called homeostasis – put simply - it naturally counteracts disease any way that it may manifest
- The human body produces its own Cannabinoids (fatty acids) that are active on the body’s Endocannabinoid receptor sites that are called CB1 and CB2 receptors – imagine a lock and key relationship where the Cannabinoid is the key and it is shaped to fit into the receptor which is the lock, and when this happens, there are reactions within that cell that the receptors are found on.
- Natural Cannabinoid Example A : Anandamide (from Sanskrit meaning “joy, bliss or delight”) a fatty acid neurotransmitter that binds to the CB1 receptor sites in the central nervous system and the CB 2 receptor sites in the immune system. Best experienced in the post aerobic exercise euphoric state called “Runner’s High” – a natural feel-good state where the endocannabinoid system is at play. It plays a role in feeding behaviour and the neural generation of motivation and pleasure. Also found in small doses in chocolate!
- Natural Cannabinoid Example B : 2-AG (2-Arachidonoylglycerol) that activates the CB1 and CB2 receptor sites within the central nervous system, and is known to be active in key processes such as cell division, energy metabolism, and reducing inflammation, pain relief, suppression of vomiting, appetite stimulation and inhibiting the growth of tumours.
- The Cannabis Sativa plant, and there are many sub-strains, each having their own cocktail of potentially therapeutic ingredients, has been found to have over 200 chemical compounds called Cannabinoids – THC and CBD been the most well known that are known to activate the endocannabinoid system in various ways.
- There are also over 100 phenomenal (giving smell and taste) essential oils present in Cannabis called Terpenes, that have been shown to have the ability to be active within the body’s Endocannabinoid system, boosting the two known naturally occurring cannabinoids named above - Ananadamide and 2-AG.
- Cannabinoids and Terpenes work together in a harmony that scientists Raphael Mechulam and Shimon Ben-Shabat who discovered them, called the Entourage effect – which enhance the therapeutic effects of cannabis.
- Dr Ethan Russo refers cannabis and it’s components as an orchestra playing a symphony within the human body. THC and CBD, the most popular and most researched of the Cannabinoids, are the soloists, while the other molecular elements are the supporting musicians providing the rhythm and harmony
- See our Facebook post entitled "Does the Endocannabinoid System even exist?" where we discuss and challenge the existence of this biological system. We present some of the bias against it and ultimately to appease the naysayers, show the incredible number of peer reviewed scientific papers that are in existence - at the time of writing - that present aspects of the endocannabinoid system, that the public have access to. To read this article follow this link
How much should oil should I take? And / or Will Entourage Oil make me sleepy
NB - We do not advise that a person who has taken Entourage Oil drive or operate machinery that could endanger themselves
- The anecdotal evidence shows that the first drop or two of Entourage Oil taken by a person around 21h00 will result in a great night sleep. We believe that this is due to the person experiencing a stimulation of their Endocannabinoid system that has a regulatory function and it appears that a great night sleep is a good start to creating homeostasis within the body.
- Many people take Entourage Oil and report that good sleep as the initial “experience” and they begin with 1 or 2 drops, but find that 5 to 6 drops can have the opposite effect and be stimulating. For this reason we apply the adage of “Less is More” and that each person will find their own dosage that works best for them, especially where sleep is concerned.
- That said, many people find a drop or two in the morning, or during a stressful day to be therapeutic and can operate with less stress.
- Up to 8 drops is within the daily legal limit of 0.001% of total consumed, in South Africa
- At least 3 people who have lived through Chemotherapy and used Entourage Oil have taken much more to reach a therapeutic dose during this difficult period – and who can blame them? – and thereafter have come down to 3 or 4 drops nightly as a maintenance dose.
Can I apply Entourage Oil to my skin?
Yes, without any doubt. Olive Oil alone has a plethora of benefits to the human skin as well as internal benefits, including:
- Extra virgin olive oil has been shown to kill certain types of bacteria, as well as been able to counteract oxidation and inflammation.
- Several different food items were tested for antibacterial activity and vinegar and liquid extracts of virgin olive oil both showed the strongest action against all strains of bacteria tested.
- Antioxidants are substances that help prevent damage to our body’s cells caused by hazardous oxygen molecules known as ‘free radicals’. Free radicals contribute to heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease and other serious illnesses.
- Olive oil contains some powerful antioxidants, which means it may help protect us against some of these serious conditions.
- Two chemical compounds (hydroxytyrosol and oleuropein that give extra virgin olive oil its bitter taste, have exhibited powerful antioxidant activity. The vitamins E and K in olive oil have too been proven to show distinctive antioxidant activities.
- Chronic inflammation is linked to many prevalent and serious medical conditions like asthma, allergies, heart disease, cancer and more. One of the monounsaturated fatty acids in olive oil, oleic acid, plays an important role in the anti-inflammatory role of olive oil.
Can I smoke a joint and get the same benefits as taking Entourage Oil?
No. While there might be some benefits that are similar between smoking cannabis and taking Entourage Oil, the overall wellness effect is very different. This is due to temperature! The duel extraction processes used to extract the active ingredients to make up Entourage oil were extracted at proprietary temperatures that are substantially lower relatively, than a smoked joint coal, which can burn at ranges between 700°C and 850°C, at which point the sensitive essential oils (Terpenes) are destroyed and with them, their synergistic benefits. Smoking may also cause the negative inhalation of carcinogens which have been linked to respiratory complications.